Finding the right exterior replacement door is important. You have many considerations, including affordability and quality. You want a beautiful replacement door, too.
Your entry door is the first impression visitors have of your home. It can make or break the curb appeal of your property. Back doors and patio doors should be functional, attractive, and most of all, secure.
The more you know, the better-informed decisions you’ll make. Ask questions:
- Which material should I choose?
- How do I know if this entry door is energy-efficient?
- Is this door strong enough to protect my family?
You’ve heard about the Zen Windows difference. Find out for yourself: Our quotes are free and hassle-free. Call (614) 448-6920 or request a quote today.
What to Look For
Some of the features you should look for in an exterior replacement door include:
- Finish – You should be able to choose colors for both sides of your exterior door, including frames and sidelites.
- Insulation – Insulation is synonymous with energy efficiency. Zen Windows’ replacement sliding glass doors are fitted with gaskets that provide an airtight seal and superior thermal insulation.
- Security – Steel rusts and wood doors degrade over time, but fiberglass stays stronger longer. Properly installed fiberglass doors offer better security than wood or even steel. The door frames actually have twice the “screw-holding power” of wood.
Our reputation is built on the quality of service and products exclusive to Zen Windows. We also rely on testimonials from people like you. Call (614) 448-6920 or contact us to plan your renovation project.
Comparison: Materials Used for Replacement Exterior Doors
Steel is one of the strongest and most secure entry door materials, but a door is only as strong as its frame. Steel doors are more energy-efficient than wood, but fiberglass doors are more energy-efficient than steel.
Pros of steel entry doors:
- Extremely secure
- Higher resale value
- More affordable
Cons of steel entry doors:
- Absorbs outside heat/cold
- Cannot be painted
- Easily dented/chipped/scratched
- Less energy-efficient
- Limited styles/colors
Fiberglass doors are the choice for homeowners who want beauty and security. Most fiberglass entry doors look like wood without the higher maintenance and shorter life span of wood. Probably the biggest advantage of fiberglass entry doors is their energy efficiency. Fiberglass doors cost more than steel but less than wood.
Pros of fiberglass doors:
- Can be painted
- Easy cleaning/maintenance
- Longer life span
- Many styles/grains/colors
- Most energy-efficient
- Resists extreme temperature fluctuations
Cons of fiberglass doors:
- Less durable/secure than steel
Wood is the most expensive door material and most popular for historic homes. Wood doors are durable, but they can warp or swell due to weather or moisture. They require regular maintenance to protect the finish.
You have choices. And with Zen Windows, all your choices are good. We want you to know as much as possible about the best remodeling solutions for your home. Call (614) 448-6920 or request a quote to learn more.
Sliding Glass Doors
The lifestyle benefits of sliding glass doors are numerous. They provide a scenic view of nature, are a terrific source of natural light, and a way to keep an eye on kids playing outside or swimming in the pool. Because they are mounted on a track, sliding glass doors give you more interior space and more decorating options.
When you need an exterior replacement door, the high-quality products offered at Zen Windows will provide a perfect solution. Call (614) 448-6920 or contact us today.
The Costs of Exterior Door Replacement
Exterior door replacement costs vary by regions within the U.S. As a national average, a fiberglass entry door will cost between $3,200 and $5,000. Fiberglass doors offer a good ROI (return on investment): Homeowners will recoup approximately 77% of their exterior door replacement costs.
Should You Finance?
Don’t neglect your home because of replacement door costs. Financing is an affordable way to get what you need.
This year you can have windows and doors that look great, trim heating and cooling bills, and increase the value of your property! Learn more about financing with Zen Windows. Call (614) 448-6920 or request a quote today.