As you begin the window-buying process, you may have no idea where to start. Fortunately, Zen Windows has the resources you need to compare your options. Start with the answers to these frequently asked questions. Then, call (614) 448-6920 or contact us online for more information or a free, no-obligation, zero-hassle quote.
What Window Styles Are Available?
At Zen Windows, we offer a wide selection of window options, including:
- Double-hung windows
- Sliding windows
- Casement windows
- Awning windows
- Hopper windows
- Bay windows
- Bow windows
- Garden windows
- Picture windows
- Special shape windows
- Round-top windows
- And more!
How Do I Choose Replacement Window Glass?
New windows offer advanced glass features to improve energy efficiency. Here’s a look at some of the most common options:
- Double-paned windows feature two panes of glass with an air pocket between them.
- Triple-paned windows are three panes thick and have two pockets of air for heat to pass through.
- Argon or krypton gas in-fill slows heat transfer even more.
- Low-E glass coatings reflect heat rather than absorbing it through the glass.
- Warm-edge spacers reduce heat transfer around the perimeter of the window.
By installing windows with high-efficiency glass, you could noticeably decrease your energy bills and eliminate drafts for good, making your home more comfortable in every season.
How Do I Choose a Window Frame Material?
You have four primary window frame materials to choose from:
- Vinyl is the most popular because it’s affordable, efficient, and low-maintenance.
- Fiberglass is a little pricier, but it also offers efficient performance, durability, and low maintenance.
- Wood is a timeless material, but it has a higher price tag and more maintenance requirements.
- Aluminum is best suited for commercial applications.
At Zen Windows, we recommend high-quality vinyl replacement windows for their excellent balance between price and features.
What Affects the Cost of Replacement Windows?
All of the factors discussed above—window style, glass package, and frame material—influence the cost, as do the sizes, quantity, and quality of the windows you install. The company you work with also makes a difference.
At Zen Windows, we don’t employ salespeople, operate a showroom, or invest a lot in marketing. This helps us keep our overhead costs down, generating savings that we pass on to our customers. As a result, we offer some of the most affordable, high-quality windows available anywhere!
Is It Worth Replacing My Windows?
Yes, replacing your windows is worth it if you answer “yes” to any of the following questions:
- Is the glass hot or cold to the touch?
- Are you tired of high heating and cooling bills?
- Are your windows damaged or difficult to operate?
- Is window cleaning a burden?
- Do you want to increase home value?
- Are you ready to give your house a fresh look, inside and out?
- Do you want to add more natural light inside your home?
What Are the Benefits of Replacing My Windows?
If you decide to invest in new windows, you’ll benefit in several ways:
- Lower energy bills
- Improved ease of use
- Effortless cleaning
- Little or no maintenance (depending on the frame material)
- Enhanced curb appeal
- Increased resale value
How Should I Choose a Window Replacement Company?
Some homeowners focus on choosing the right windows, but they forget to select an installer carefully. If your windows are installed poorly, they will never meet their potential. For the best results, look for these characteristics in a window replacement company:
- A team of dedicated installation professionals, not an outsourced crew
- A no-money-down guarantee so you’re not saddled with substandard products or a shoddy installation
- Direct contact with the owner to discuss your needs without going up the chain of command
- Lifetime material and labor warranties
Still have questions? Call Zen Windows at (614) 448-6920 for answers or a free, no-hassle quote.